What is Amazon Brand Registration Program?
The Amazon Brand Registry program is a service offered by Amazon that allows brand owners to register their brands and gain greater control over their product listings on Amazon. Enrolling in the Amazon Brand Registry program can provide several benefits to brand owners, including:
- Enhanced brand protection: One of the primary benefits of Amazon Brand Registry is enhanced brand protection. Once enrolled, brand owners can use the program’s tools to monitor their brand on Amazon and prevent unauthorized third-party sellers from listing their products.
- Greater control over product listings: Another benefit of a Brand Registry is that it gives brand owners greater control over their product listings. They can make changes to their product titles, descriptions, and images, which can help improve their visibility and sales.
- Access to enhanced brand content: Brand Registry also gives brand owners access to enhanced brand content features, such as A+ Content, which allows them to create more detailed product pages that can help drive sales.
- Advanced reporting and analytics: Brand owners who enroll in Brand Registry also have access to advanced reporting and analytics tools. They can monitor their brand performance on Amazon, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions to optimize their sales.
- A streamlined process for intellectual property protection: With Brand Registry, brand owners can streamline the process for intellectual property protection. They can easily report intellectual property violations and work with Amazon to resolve any issues quickly.
Overall, enrolling in Amazon Brand Registry can help you protect your brand, enhance your brand presence on Amazon, access advanced features, streamline intellectual property protection, and gain valuable insights into your brand performance on the platform.
What are the benefits of Amazon brand registration?
Despite over 700,000 brands operating on Amazon, recent statistics show that around 440,000 brands are currently registered on the platform. Many brands have chosen to register with the program due to its numerous benefits and complete package for operational efficiency. Some of these benefits include:
- Improving Brand Experience: The program offers various ways to stand out to your target market, from enhanced advertising content to sponsored ads. This can help improve your brand awareness and ultimately lead to increased sales.
- Advanced Store Analytics: The program provides advanced analytics that can offer you an in-depth understanding of how popular your product is and where your business is lacking. This data can be used to make informed, data-driven decisions that can better impact your brand.
- Securing Intellectual Property: The program is primarily aimed at securing intellectual property, offering tools to protect your advertising data, product specifications, and branding material. You can benefit from accurate listings of product pages and have the liberty to report suspected violations or infringements of your brand.
For a more detailed understanding, here’s a comprehensive list of features included in the Amazon package that you can access through Amazon Brand Registration:
- Amazon Store Builder: This tool enables you to create and maintain a digital storefront that resembles a traditional homepage. You can customize and structure it to enhance the user experience, and display all your products.
- Amazon Vine Program: This program provides you with the opportunity to receive positive feedback on your products from Amazon’s most trusted buyers. This organic feedback can attract more customers and help establish the quality of your products.
- Amazon Live Creator: This tool enables you to directly contact your potential customers through chat. You can answer their queries and offer advice, not only about your product but also about the quality of your service.
- Virtual Bundles Tool: With this tool, you can create special bundles from a range of complementary products to offer a better value proposition to your customers. This can help attract and retain loyal customers.
- Transparency Program: This program allows label holders to regulate who can sell their products. You can control who gets access to your products and ensure that only authorized sellers can offer them to customers.
- Amazon Attribution Tool: This tool provides analytical insights on the quality and source of your product promotions. You can get tactical insights on social media, PPC, display ads, email marketing, and other areas to optimize your marketing strategy.
- Project Zero Program: This tool helps you identify users who have infringed on your intellectual property rights and potentially bar them from the platform. However, the infringement needs to be verified before any action is taken.
Amazon Brand Registry Requirements
To be eligible for Amazon Brand Registry, a brand must meet the following requirements:
- A registered trademark: The brand must have an active and registered trademark in the country or region where they want to enroll in the Amazon Brand Registry. The trademark must be in the form of a standard character mark or an image mark.
- Good standing: The brand must have a good standing on Amazon, which means that they must not have violated any Amazon policies or guidelines in the past.
- Product listings: The brand must have active product listings on Amazon.
- Ownership and control: The brand must have ownership and control over the trademark that they want to enroll in the Amazon Brand Registry. This means that they must be the registered owner of the trademark, or have an exclusive license to use the trademark.
- Brand website: The brand must have a website that displays its products and branding.
- Unique product identification: The brand must have unique product identification that matches the products listed on Amazon. This can be a UPC, EAN, or ISBN.
Once a brand meets these requirements, it can apply for Amazon Brand Registry through the Amazon Brand Registry portal.
What you need to submit:
- Your brand logo in a clear PNG or JPG file format.
- Official trademark registration or serial number authorized by the government.
- The relevant product categories under which you’ll be listing your products.
- A trademark registration number specific to the region where you’re selling.
- Images that will be used on your product and its packaging.
How to register your brand on the Amazon seller brand registry?
Registering your brand on Amazon’s Brand Registry is a straightforward process. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Create an Amazon seller account: To register your brand on Amazon’s Brand Registry, you first need to create an Amazon seller account.
- Verify your eligibility: To be eligible for Amazon Brand Registry, you must have an active registered trademark for your brand that appears on your products or packaging. You must also be the owner of the brand or an authorized agent acting on behalf of the owner.
- Gather required information: You’ll need the following information to register your brand on Amazon’s Brand Registry:
- Your brand name
- The associated registered trademark number
- A list of product categories that your brand covers
- Images of your brand logo and product packaging
- A list of countries where your products are manufactured and distributed
- Sign in to Brand Registry: Once you have all the required information, sign in to Amazon Brand Registry using your Amazon seller account.
- Complete the registration process: Follow the prompts to complete the registration process. You’ll need to provide the required information about your brand, including your registered trademark number and product categories.
- Wait for confirmation: After you submit your registration, Amazon will review your application. Once your registration is approved, you’ll receive a confirmation email from Amazon.
That’s it! Once you’re approved, you’ll have access to the brand protection tools offered by Amazon’s Brand Registry, which can help you monitor and enforce your brand’s intellectual property rights on Amazon.
In this blog, we have discussed the Amazon brand registry. If you do not understand any point in this blog or if you have any questions about the Amazon brand registry or want to know more about the brand registry, you can contact us. We will help you in any way we can.
If you find this guide helpful, please comment, share, and subscribe to our blog. Also, do not hesitate to ask if you have any queries in any field of eCommerce. We would be glad to hear from you and answer your questions.
2 thoughts on “What is the Amazon Brand registration program? Why do you need to register your brand on Amazon?”
Pingback: Amazon Live in 2023: A Beginner's Guide to Amazon Live - Grow Amazon Sales With Boost On Amazon
Pingback: Amazon Search Query Performance Dashboard: What is it & How to Use it with PPC data?